JOB TITLE:OWEN FLOOR MANAGER
REPORTS TO:PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT / STAGE MANAGEMENT
DATES REQUIRED: SEPTEMBER2018- AUGUST 2019
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Floor Manager is considered a member of the Stage Management team assigned to each production for the 18/19 season at the Goodman Theatre
- Attend the final week of rehearsal and all technical rehearsals to learn the show
- Responsible for running and maintaining the backstage area
- Arrive no less than one and one-half hours prior to curtain for each performance
- Assist in maintaining communication between stage managers and the actors
- Assist in tracking props, costume changes, and scenic shifts
- Attend, assist in setting up, and participate in all understudy rehearsals
- Additional duties as required by the show
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to prioritize tasks and be very detail oriented, work collaboratively as a team member and maintain a positive attitude
- College education or equivalent professional stage management experience
The position is a Non-Equity seasonal position with a competitive hourly rate.
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
NO CALLS PLEASE - Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position.