STUDIO COORDINATOR – PART TIME
WHO WE ARE
SkyART is a permanent fixture in the vibrant cultural landscape of Chicago's South Side. Founded in 2001 with a mission to provide youth with an accessible, safe place to participate in quality visual arts programs at no cost, SkyART continues to fulfill its mission in South Chicago and surrounding neighborhoods, reaching young people through a rich variety of programs. Driving its mission, is a deep understanding of the transformative power of art and its capacity to enhance intellectual, emotional, and social development. SkyART is a foundation from which creativity grows and individuals flourish. Participants are invited into a world of imaginative possibilities and connections that go beyond the individual, to positively impact all of the communities where we work and the city as a whole.
WHAT WE DO
Through interdisciplinary, process-based projects, skill-building workshops, and large-scale collaborations, SkyART encourages critical thinking and inspires creative expression for youth ages 7 to 24. Using an artist-in-residence model, Teaching Artists work side by side with students, in an atmosphere of mutual esteem and shared curiosity, through our dynamic and experimental new methodology.
HOW YOU CONTRIBUTE
The Studio Coordinator is responsible for providing support for SkyART’s studio and outreach programs. The Studio Coordinator works with the Program Manager in tracking program outcomes and supporting the day-to-day activities of studio classes.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL…
Support and Maintain Studio Space
- Manage art supplies, equipment, and materials including inventory lists for studios and supply room
- Order art supplies for studio, school and outreach programs
- Maintain daily upkeep of studios — cleaning up after classes, keeping supplies orderly, replenishing supplies as necessary, and delegating jobs to interns as needed.
- Assist in-school and after-school art teachers with preparation and execution of class as needed, including managing supplies for teaching artist and maintain teacher supply order forms.
- Facilitate new student orientation
- Help coordinate and chaperone field trips.
Facilitate Art Instruction
- Teach visual art classes as appropriate and necessary
WHAT WE OFFER:
SkyART offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive salary commensurate with background, experience, and position responsibilities. Depending on the position, in addition to salary, benefits for eligible employees may include:
- Paid time off (PTO) allowance including two weeks vacation, five personal days, and five sick days per year
- Twelve paid holidays and one additional day off for your birthday
- Employee retirement account with 3% contribution from SkyART
- Health Insurance benefits with minimal cost paid by employee